Sought-after Secret Event Coming in October
TOOWOOMBA – From global phenomenon to highly sought-after “secret”, Le Dîner en Blanc, the op-up picnic event will be held in Toowoomba for the first time on Saturday 20 October 2018.
The garden city is set to join the ranks of over 130,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts around the world who have already embraced this unique event. On June 3rd of this year, Le Diner en Blanc de Paris marked its 30th anniversary! A record 17,000 guests from Paris and around the world gathered at the Esplanade des Invalides to celebrate this historic moment.
Some of the city's leading business identities and celebrities, such as Samantha Heathwood, are excited the event is coming to the city.
Major sponsor Dan Dwan of Colliers International is pleased to support an internationally-recognised event in the region.
"We have a beautiful city and Le Diner en Blanc is a wonderful opportunity to showcase Toowoomba to the World," says Mr Dwan.
What began as a 'friends and word-of-mouth only' event has grown into an international epicurean sensation in 80 cities in 30 countries. While the technology behind the event may has changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful locations.
"We felt Toowoomba was primed for such a dazzling event as increasing interest in world-class events has been blossoming over the years,” says Annie Glover, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc - Toowoomba, who has been working in the event industry for more than seven years and hopes to make this very first edition a success that will pave the way towards establishing a long-standing tradition.
In essence, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and gallantry. Over the course of the evening, guests experience the beauty and value of one their city’s public spaces by participating in the unexpected.
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- To participate in this first edition: guests must be invited via the hosts’ network or participating partners or get on waiting list via the official website at toowoomba.dinerenblanc.com/register.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine.
- As per Queensland alcohol laws/regulations, guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteers.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Toowoomba gratefully acknowledges Colliers International as an official partner of the inaugural edition of Le Dîner en Blanc, along with Hit FM, Moet & Chandon, Fitzy's and Land Rover.